fedorahosted / collab plans and progress

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Dec 6 22:20:09 UTC 2011

> > Outstanding questions:
> >
> > 1. When do we want to move the lists.fedorahosted.org? on the 12th?
> > the 14th? or some other time entirely? We are going to need to get
> > collab03 able to handle the additional domain and data.
> >
> > 2. On hosted, do we want to still change all projects to use
> > project.fedorahosted.org ? Or should we perhaps just wait on that
> > change? We could do that change on a per project opt in basis as we
> > move them to other instances, possibly with less disruption. On the
> > other hand, doing it now means we are ready to move things down the
> > road.
> >
> > From our testing on hosted03 before we had to rebuild, the
> > rhel5/rhel6 upgrade seemed to go pretty smoothly from all I could
> > tell.
> >
> > Any other gotchas, ideas, or things we could setup to test?
>

> I think the timing is fine - but if hosted03 and collab03 are all up
> and happy now I would like to suggest we do some IO/cpu tests to beat
> them up a bit. I'd rather like to know that they're going to survive a
> fair amount of load before we spring users onto them.

Sure, I think thats quite reasonable to do.

collab03 should have data on it and be mostly synced up.

hosted03 has the data, but I need to (re) write the migration script I
had on the old one. Hopefully I can have that done later today.

Any thoughts on the 2 questions above? When should we move hosted
lists, and should we do our great hosted cname stuff now, or save that
for a later more controlled time.

At this point I am leaning toward just migrating hosted over and
dealing with the cname and other changes when we have more time/energy.
I'm not sure I care when we move lists, but we could save that too if
we wanted. I'd like to get moved to new hardware and rhel6 as a
priority. ;)