Request for resources: Darkserver

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Dec 8 22:19:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:11:30 +0530
Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have filed the RFR for Darkserver at
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3054
>
> Darkserver is a service written to help people finding details of
> build-id(s). People will be able query the service based on
> build-id(s) or rpm package names. The service will provide output in
> JSON format as it will be easier for other tools to parse the output.
> The initial requirement of the service came up from discussions with
> devels like Mark Wielaard and Jan Kratochvil
>
> The application is already reviewed for Fedora, waiting for the git
> access.
>
> The ideas behind the project and setup details are being documented
> properly at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Darkserver.
>
> Waiting for the suggestions and comments here.

Sounds interesting. ;)

Do you have any ideas at this point what kind of resources you may
require for this? It's just basically a database of links to builds and
buildid's right? so I would imagine it's pretty small on disk space and
cpu.

Do you think any of our caching tech would be useful here?
(varnish, memcached). Or should the service be mostly stand alone?

How many people are working on developing/maintaining this?

Thanks,