Request for resources: Darkserver

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:25:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Yeah, the way we have things now, we have a very few database servers
> and all our databases are on there. We then cross sync them and back
> them all up.
>
> In this case we might look at a seperate database host as this is a
> pretty stand alone item that doesn't need a bunch of resources.

Yes, that should be better for this application.

> Cool. So, that would run in koji, and add/connect to the db to add
> buildids, as builds occur, right?

Yes, that is the exact plan of the koji plugin.

> Well, unaffected by other services. Ie, it could keep running if other
> things are down, or have downtime scheduled unrelated to other
> services. I guess if it's using our proxy setup, it would need to be
> tied to them.

So in  testing phase we can run the service as a total separate one.
We can add the caching mechanism later on.

> ok, sounds good. Shall we look at next steps here?
> Or should we wait for the koji plugin to have everything in a row?

I think we should go ahead and have a test instance up. We can test
all other features of the system while the koji plugin comes up.

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org
http://kushaldas.in