Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Ilya A. Otyutskiy

Ilya A. Otyutskiy sharp at thesharp.ru
Thu Dec 22 20:04:22 UTC 2011

Hello there.

Here's my proper introduction to the list. My name is Ilya, my IRC
handle is thesharp. I live in Moscow, Russia (GMT+4) and work as a
Senior Linux Systems Administrator. I have a Linux experience since
2003. I have a huge interest in package maintenance (it's another
topic though), puppet management and using nagios to monitor my
things.

Recently when I was thinking about what to do with some of my free
time, I've decided to give something back -- to help the community and
the Fedora project. I have no problem spending some of my work time at
$dayjob helping Fedora Infrastructure since when you are doing
something -- you learn something, and learning is always good thing to
do. The main problem I see is my $TZ. When it's noon in US [the
meeting time] -- it's 11pm here in Moscow. :) But since i'm going to
bed late it's no problem for me to attend Fedora Infrastructure
meetings.

Currently I see some open tickets about monitoring things and I think
I can help with that.

At my $dayjob I use openvz for virtualization so I would like to learn
how is it on the other side -- kvm thing. As Fedora Infrastructure use
RHEL6/kvm instances I see it as a great place to watch how things are
going on and learn a bit.

I already made my introduction at #fedora-meeting today so I would
like to be added to fi-apprentice group to start watching over how
things are working and suggest fixes to some tickets. In the future I
would like to be sponsored in sysadmin-noc group.

--
SY, Ilya A. Otyutskiy aka Sharp