Requirements for us using externally hosted services

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 3 22:59:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 05:49:19PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
<SNIP>
> hah - no - much to contrary. The problem is not budget, it's about time
> resources of the folks who work on fedora infrastructure. We've got too
> many things to maintain and not enough people.
>
> this is about figuring out how to provide the services we need at the
> support levels we care about and also figuring out what is most
> important/useful to fedora.

I suppose now is as good a time as any....

I've been lurking this list for probably over a year now and just more
or less waiting (for what reason I can't really recall anymore) to jump
in an help. So this is more or less my not-so-formal introduction about
myself to the infrastructure team.

My name is Adam Miller, I have been a Fedora contributor for over 3
years now and maintain a handful of packages, as well as help with QA
work, I am an Ambassador (as much as free time permits), I also help
with the Fedora Xfce Spin, and I am just generally an all around Fedora
fanboi. I have a little over 3 years of "professional" (ie - I get a
paycheck for it) systems administration experience and I am currently a
Systems Engineer at Dell working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle
Enterprise Linux on a R&D team. I would like to get involved with the Fedora
Infrastructure team and would be willing to help almost anywhere that is
needed (pending the preliminary ramp up time I would need if its a
system/application I'm not familiar with).

How can I help? Where should I start? :)

-AdamM