Consolidating services: secondary/alt onto download servers.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 23:20:25 UTC 2011

Currently secondary01 is a virtual host which stores various alternate
spins and such. Looking at the new netapps and their capabilities, I
would like to consolidate the data on secondary01 onto them and use
the download servers for the services that secondary01 currently does.

Pros:
 There are 5 download servers and only 1 secondary server
 The new netapps are purring along very nice.
 We have enough disk space to satisfy this.

Cons:
 ???

Please fill me in on any cons or problems I need to look at
(historical, theoretical, etc)

Thanks.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.