[FAS auth] - question

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 05:47:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 06:39:14PM +1300, Jose Mathew Manimala wrote:
> Umm, I maybe on the wrong side of things but can there be a hash
> generation api or something for FAS using OAUTH as the base? Its an idea
> so that we can collaborate with external applications.
>
> Good idea or bad?

We probably only need openid -- ie: authentication, not authorization.

FAS does provide OpenID at this time although we hesitate to officially take
it out of beta as there's still reports of sites that don't work with FAS's
openid provider (although a few months ago I reset my password on all of my
open-source related bug trackers/etc and everyone that was an openid client
worked with FAS).

Transifex can't do openid authentication at this time but if it did then we
should be able to link FAS accounts with transifex accounts.

-Toshio