Turbogears downgraded on fas servers

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:38:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So how much of infrastructure is still using TG-1.0.x and how much
>> work will it be to move to TG2 since that may sooner or later be our
>> only alternative.
>>
> bodhi, mirrormanager, packagedb, elections, fas, smolt -- everything that's
> written in TG except fedoracommunity is TG1.

I wonder if TG2 is the best target - will that just be punting the
problem down a few years?

Maybe pyramid + sqlalchemy + [genshi | mako] is a better target.  I'm
not sure if that's what TurboGears2 actually is, or will be.

But it seems like there's a bit of upheaval going on with pylons and
pyramid.  Maybe that should shake out a little?

Either way, I've written a bit of TurboGears and CherryPy apps, and
I'd like to help with the transition.