Meeting Re: Eucalyptus hosting

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 14 21:14:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

At the infrastructure meeting yesterday Seth brought up the topic of
cloud hosting for Fedora services.  With EC2 and Rackspace being
closed platforms, I suggested Eucalyptus as an alternative.  I wasn't
able to find any hosting providers in the US that use it, but Rich
Wolski, the CTO of Eucalyptus Systems, expressed an interest in
chatting with you infrastructure folks about whether or not we at
Eucalyptus can just host it ourselves, depending on Fedora's needs and
such.

Would there be a good time and place to discuss this?  The weekly IRC
meeting?  (For Rich's benefit:  the weekly IRC meeting is at noon PST
on Thursdays in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net.)  Another IRC
meeting in case the weekly one would be too pressed for time?  A
conference call?  Might an email thread be better?

--
Garrett Holmstrom