Request for resources: Ask Fedora

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 03:34:45 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 04:20 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Will you want single sign on (meaning if you log into pkgdb, you are also
> logged into askbot)?  If not, I would suggest we try and use the openid
> support in askbot with the fas openid provider.  That way we may be able to
> eliminate the need to maintain the fas auth plugin.

I think single sign on will make Askbot more integrated with Fedora and
fas auth plugin code is pretty small

https://github.com/pjps/fasauth/

> Is there a version of postgres that is too old?  We're currently running
> postgresl84 from RHEL5.x... I don't think that'll be too old for most apps
> but figured I should check.

Postgres, 8.3 and above is supported

> Will this work over the network?
> Will we be able to run the app normally with an account that cannot modify
> db schema and only use a schema-modifying account if these commands become
> necessary for an upgrade?

I haven't checked.  CC'ing upstream developer.

> Do you have a sense of how often we will need to respin and install new
> packages (or hotfix the application)?  Only frequently while we're in
> testing?  Even after we're in production, there will be new features and
> bugfixes that we'll want to pull in?

For testing,  I expect we would require frequent changes and atleast
during the initial stages of deployment,  we would probably want to rev
up now and then.   This will likely slow down over time but since we
haven't had such a major end user facing deployment before,  I find it
hard to say for sure.    I would like to add a number of features but
those are mostly nice to have.  Not much that would need immediate
attention.

Rahul