proposal: webserver/site configs in puppet

ranjib dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:54:58 UTC 2011

hi seth,
I prefer to maintain the whole apache configs in debian style. Where I have
base apache module for minimal setup + sites-available + mods-available, and
individual use cases (passenger /mod_wsgi etc or virtualhosts/proxypasses)
are modelled as dependant modules of apache where they selectively
enable/disable sites or mods. Individual mods are loaded by separate .load
file and configured by separate .conf files. Also we have separate puppet
sub modules for individual mods. This way i can readily assemble my node
specific apache configs without tampering the base puppet modules even if
they need fin grained customizations.

regards
ranjib