Retiring of blogs.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jun 15 23:05:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:57:06 -0500
inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can admit that in this case there are other organizations that
> mostly share Fedora values that are available to use but on the other
> hand there is a reason that almost half of the Fedora syndicated blogs
> are currently hosted by Fedora infrastructure. That number I am sure
> would continue to grow over time to an even higher percentage and is
> currently biased in a low direction by the existence of many bloggers
> who already had things in place prior to the existence of blogs.fp.o.
>
> Why would a Fedora contributor prefer to choose blogs.fp.o?

...snip...

Yeah, I don't mean to say it has 0 value. There are still the things
you indicate that are advantages.

> Sorry to vent a little about this here but I really think blogs.fp.o
> has more value than it is being given credit for and I'm sad to see it
> being retired. (And I accept that even if it was given the credit I
> think it deserves the decision to retire it would probably not
> change.)

Yeah.

Some things that might help some here:

* Make out openid support better/really good. That way you _can_ use
  your fedora id when commenting or posting in any place that supports
  openid.

* I see someone has made a fedora wp theme, that could help people
  hosting elsewhere get some of the look and feel they may want.

Thanks for the post...