Retiring of blogs.fedoraproject.org

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:11:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 20:57, Jayson Rowe <rowe.jayson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In the end, this was not a foregone conclusion. I laid out what was
>> needed to get this going again.
>> 1) No last minute heroics.
>> 2) More than 1 person running it, conversant in it, etc.
>> 3) A laid out plan of what was going to be the sucessor, who was going
>> to support it, how they were going to train others, etc
>>
>> This was said on multiple lists about 6 months ago in order to avoid a
>> last minute "Ooooh Fedora screws contributors again." emails and week
>> long heroics to keep it up again. If you and/or others have a problem
>> with my decision from then, y'all have had multiple months to work on
>> 2 and 3 because 1 is non-optional.

> I didn't mean to start anything - just offered to help if I could :-)
>
> I *will* try to attend the IRC meeting tomorrow at Kevin's invitiation!

Ugh. I thought I had put that in my reread and send tomorrow pile
versus the "SEND" button. My deepest apologies because emails like
mine can be a big turnoff for someone volunteering. My sentence comes
across as blaming you and I take responsibility for being a general
"ass" when I should not have been. I hope we can meet online or at the
meeting and I can try to make up for this.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren