New RFR -- Zanata instance

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 00:14:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Jared Smith wrote:

> 6) While this concept is currently being discussed here on the
> infrastructure list, I think it's really a subject that needs to be
> discussed with a wider audience.  It's a topic that affects
> infrastructure, translation, packagers, and documentation at a
> minimum.  My plan is to kick of some discussions in those groups, and
> then try to schedule a wider meeting in the next two weeks (similar to
> the meetings we held before the transition to tx.net).

ehhh, I don't think we need to pull a bunch of packagers and docs into it
just yet Infrastructure went with Transifex because the translators asked
for it (and really the translators in the form Glezos built it).  I think
the first step is working with them to figure out if they want a new
solution or not.  After that it'd come to the rest of us.  An RFR isn't so
far fetched to at least pitch it.  But really the conversation should
start with the translators.  Then come back here to see if it's feasible
or at least find out how much it'd cost (cost in terms of $$ and people
power)

2 cents

	-Mike