rsyslog/epylog reporting

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 20 16:59:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 10:46 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> >> Yes. Stats from download* and hosted would be nice. Would show if one
> >> of the machines was processing less, etc.
> >
> > I need to go find that rsync module. I think I know where it is.
> >

> How does epylog work with httpd files?

httpd logs in their own format - probably just 'meh'.

httpd logs as syslogs might be a different story.

but let's be clear - http logs were not within the original scope of
what epylog was meant to do.

the question for me is whether or not we can narrow what we're looking
for more to make it useful.

for example - it may make sense to see about creating an http error log
parser but not a general access log parser.

-sv