Naming convention for kickstarts

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:13:32 UTC 2011

Ok this may seem silly, but after wading through a bunch of kickstarts
today trying to find out which ones are for what.. could we
standardize on a convention? We have a couple :).

I like this one:

<host type>-<os>-<os-release>-<special>

Examples.
kvm-rhel-5-nfs
xen-rhel-6-nohd
hardware-rhel-5-xenserver
hardware-rhel-5-nohd

Once we have a convention, I can go and rename stuff to meet it (maybe
put the kickstarts under a git tree also?)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren