Change Request

Ricky Zhou ricky at
Thu Mar 3 18:33:43 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-02 10:06:05 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I just made a change to the rsync modules on the dl boxes to make sure the
> regular modules run as nobody.  this is to make sure we are not a source of
> leaking a release. can i get some +1's please
This needs to be accompanied by an email to mirror-list/mirror-list-d.
The following IPs have attempted to pull from fedora-enchilada (as
opposed to fedora-enchilada0) in March 2011: is the most concerning one there, but there are
probably other lower tiered mirrors on that list that will now be unable
to get the staged bits.

We have 5 days before alpha release to try and get most of these mirrors
moved to enchilada0 or a tier0/1 mirror - I'd rather have done this
change after the alpha release - for what it's worth, has leaked staged releases to the public for
the last release or two, which is why we inherited this when we took
over running it.