Change Request

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 3 18:33:43 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-02 10:06:05 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I just made a change to the rsync modules on the dl boxes to make sure the
> regular modules run as nobody.  this is to make sure we are not a source of
> leaking a release. can i get some +1's please
This needs to be accompanied by an email to mirror-list/mirror-list-d.
The following IPs have attempted to pull from fedora-enchilada (as
opposed to fedora-enchilada0) in March 2011:
http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/enchilada

archive.linux.duke.edu is the most concerning one there, but there are
probably other lower tiered mirrors on that list that will now be unable
to get the staged bits.

We have 5 days before alpha release to try and get most of these mirrors
moved to enchilada0 or a tier0/1 mirror - I'd rather have done this
change after the alpha release - for what it's worth,
download.fedora.redhat.com has leaked staged releases to the public for
the last release or two, which is why we inherited this when we took
over running it.

Thanks,
Ricky