Gathering community feedback...

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:08:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 00:51, Draciron Smith <draciron at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Fedora users feel like they have NO mechanism for feedback.
>
> The mailing lists are a maze and designed for contributors not for mere
> users.
>
> The prescribed mechanism on the Fedora website is   http://fedoraforum.org/

Well maybe we need to change that. Fedora Forum is run by an outside
organization of volunteers.

> This website is clearly avoided like the plague by all contributors.  If
> ANYBODY who had any say in the Fedora project visited things like the VERY
> VERY VERY unpopular changes to the GDM would be instantly reversed.  In fact
> many like myself for the first time no longer have Fedora running on any of
> my machines for the first time since Fedora came into existence. Since about
> 97 I've had at least 1 machine usually most or all running Redhat and later
> Fedora. It's been my main distro for years. The GDM issue was the last
> straw. Feedback on fedora forums on all the Linux forums I've visited has
> been extremely negative and I've seen quite a few people do the same thing I
> have and switch to another distro.

That is the way of things. New people come in and old people leave. It
is not an infrastructure item to deal with it other than make those
transitions as easy as possible.

> 2. Why does the Fedora project TELL people to go to a forum to give feedback

Link please. I don't see where it is told that feedback is to be given
there.. just that one can best find help there. Two different things.

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren