updating elusive contributor stats

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Mar 9 19:50:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:22:57 -0800
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> I was looking at this nifty graphic:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics#Contributors
>
> ... noting that it hasn't been updated in a year.

:(

> That looks like a base FAS dump of total accounts, which I reckon is
> easy enough to get. But can it be automated? Or made easy for a yokel
> like me to do it?

Is "active accounts" cla+1 ? or just anything with any account thats
not marked inactive? cla+1 is easy to get by just going to fedorapeople
and running a 'getent passwd | wc -l' I think.

> Along the same path, how about slicing contributors in to pools by FAS
> groups?

That might be nice... see how and which groups are growing at what
rate.

> From here I reckon I've just started asking for a new tool, like
> previous tools discussed, and some of which may exist, and datanommer
> and ... halp?

Yeah, I can't think it would be too hard to dump out number of people
in each group once a month or week or something.

Can anyone think of a reason that information should be private?
I can't off hand.