updating elusive contributor stats

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 20:20:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:22:57 -0800
> Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I was looking at this nifty graphic:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics#Contributors
> >
> > ... noting that it hasn't been updated in a year.
>
> :(
>
> > That looks like a base FAS dump of total accounts, which I reckon is
> > easy enough to get. But can it be automated? Or made easy for a yokel
> > like me to do it?
>
> Is "active accounts" cla+1 ? or just anything with any account thats
> not marked inactive? cla+1 is easy to get by just going to fedorapeople
> and running a 'getent passwd | wc -l' I think.

This was just active accounts, not 'contributors'.  One thing I'd note is
this count isn't very accurate as we still aren't actively expiring
accounts.  This number cannot go down at the moment, only up.  We should
fix it, tricky to do without annoying everyone (IE: the reset your
password fiasco.. you'd think I killed everyone's cat)

	-Mike