Gathering community feedback...

Thu Mar 10 01:36:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

Kevin and Stephen - thank you for the clarifications. These should be
able to set the requirements/expectations if such a project is at all
being considered as a GSoC idea.

> If someone wished to make an application that does this, I would
> suggest the following:
>
> * Make sure it grows an upstream community and is NOT just Fedora
>  specific. This could be something other projects use and getting them
>  involved could add a lot of manpower.
>
> * To be more Fedora Infrastructure friendly, I would suggest avoiding
>  java or ruby and look at python frameworks/solutions.
>
> * Make sure to have at least 2 people who know the code/can update/fix
>  things around. If you only have one primary coder, and they aren't
>  available the app may be in trouble.
>
> * Offer to help test and setup instances and train infrastructure people
>  in how it works and how to manage it.

The above probably needs to go under a page that is meant to be read
by those requesting Infrastructure team to host (term strictly as per
Stephen's definition) applications.

> I do hope some folks will work on something like this... it looks like
> it might have a good niche. :)

Yes it does. In a way I believe this would have probably helped
applications like FSoC take a different route for framework than the
current RoR.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>