Meeting *TODAY* 2011-03-10 at 2000 UTC in #fedora-admin

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Mar 10 17:34:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:18:53 -0600
Draciron Smith <draciron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Create a temp channel like #fameet031011  lock it down and invite
> people as they show up on the normal channel.  That way no
> distractions, the room goes away as soon as the meeting is done, the
> convo is dated and easy to archive on most IRC clients that auto log
> such as pidgin.  Next month #fameet041111 and so on.

Thats not very ideal for a number of reasons:

* We are an open project, everyone is welcome to attend meetings, so we
  should never have an invite only meeting. We might miss someone who
  can contribute. ;)

* I think #fedora-meeting is ideal, because we have about 100+ people
  who idle in there. We can ping people who we need input from, and
  people who see something under discussion that affects them can chime
  right in.

* People expect meetings in #fedora-meeting, so disruptions are pretty
  rare.

But thanks for the suggestion...