Sign-vault01 outage Retrospective - 2011-03-22 at 20UTC

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 21 21:04:19 UTC 2011

Greetings.

As some of you may know, we had an outage of our signing server on
friday (2011-03-18). The outage was caused by hardware failure on that
physical machine, but there are a number of issues around this we
should discuss and address.

Due to heroic efforts from a number of folks, things were back up and
functioning later friday. Thanks to all involved!

We would like to hold a retrospective on this outage in #fedora-meeting
at 20:00UTC on 2011-03-22.

Agenda/Items to discuss:

* Timeline/Background info
* Setup of sensitive boxes
	* func/puppet/fasClient or not?
	* encrypted /
* Updates for sensitive boxes
	* regular with other updates?
	* do not schedule on fridays?
* Backups of sensitive boxes
* Avoiding single points of failure
* Notifications on outages like this

Please join us and add input to help make things better.