Introduction

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon May 2 13:28:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011 22:16:49 +0100
Eutopia <eutopia at computerkraft.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> My names Emma and I work as a Linux Systems Administrator, based in
> the UK. I mainly use RHEL/Centos/Fedora.

Welcome!

> I'd like to join this group and further my skills. I've worked for a
> few years as a System Admin, and I'm able to script using
> bash/perl/python. I'm a bit weaker with my python skills, so it would
> be nice if I could further my knowledge a bit in this area. I know a
> moderate amount of sql as well.
>
> I'm familiar with mysql, nagios, ldap, dns, sendmail,
> virtualization( xen and kvm)
>
> Hopefully I can be of some use. :)

Please take a look at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

and if you have a chance, jump on irc.freenode.net and hang out in
#fedora-admin and/or #fedora-noc. We use irc a lot to communicate, and
there you can ask questions of issues as they happen or chime in with
offers to help on things.

Also, we have meetings Thursdays at 19UTC on IRC if you can make it.

Welcome again...