Upcoming Changes to Fedora DNS

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:53:09 UTC 2011

In order to meet better redundancy, we are looking at adding more DNS
servers to our nameservices

Currently most fedora DNS zones are served by 2 seperate dns servers.
For best practices we would like to increase this pool to 3 servers:

* IPv4

    * 209.132.181.17
    * 85.236.55.10
    * 152.19.134.139
    * 64.34.184.179

* IPv6

    * 2001:4178:0002:1269:dead:beef:cafe:fed5
    * 2610:0028:3090:3001:dead:beef:cafe:fed2 # ns2 eventual address

What needs to be done currently:

   1. ns04 in PHX2 needs to be allowed through the firewall.
   2. ns02 in Ibiblio needs new ipv6 space.
   3. ns05 in internetx01 needs to be added to network servers.
   4. once above done ns's need to be added to all zones.
   5. ns1 needs to be rebuild as ns01 and changed in DNS.

The following registrar zones will need to be updated:

389tcp.org
fedora.com.my
fedora.my
fedora.pt