serverbeach network maint on 2011-05-31

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 13 14:16:55 UTC 2011

There's going to be some network maint on our serverbeach hosts on
2011-05-31. Not sure if we need to send out an outage announcement on
this, or just note it here.

"ServiceID  Nickname
70101      serverbeach2
70102      serverbeach3
70094      serverbeach1

Please be advised that on May 31st, 2011 at 00:00-05:00 EST, we will be
completing our planned ServerBeach Network Upgrades that will provide
you with a more robust and scalable network and enable us to better
serve your needs.

This maintenance will last approximately 5 hours, during which your server
will experience up to 5 minutes of network downtime as your gateway is moved
to the alternate distribution routers.  Once this is done, we will be
configuring the newer routers and you will see brief periods of latency/packet
loss as we redirect traffic to the newer systems. This maintenance will ensure
that the networking systems are standardized and will allow us to use more
supported commands for configuring and investigating issues at the networking
level."