/etc/system_identification missing on some hosts?

Adam M. Dutko dutko.adam at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:37:32 UTC 2011

I receive an odd message on bastion02 when I logon. The message is:

$system_identification has not been defined for this host.  Please do so.
For more information see /etc/system_identification

I actually see the contents of system_identification on puppet02.

Is there a reason why some hosts have this file and others don't?
Where would one "fix" this? Would we add it in the puppet git repo and
change the host configuration in puppet to include the corresponding
module or constraint?

-Adam