Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Rick Kersten

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Nov 8 20:27:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:18:44 -0600
Rick Kersten <rick.kersten at gmail.com> wrote:

> IRC Handle:  Backdraft
>
> Currently employed as an AIX and RedHat Systems Administrator for the
> past couple of years.  I have my SysAdmin and Engineer Certifications
> from Red Hat, but the environment that I work in is restricted to a
> few (6-8) servers at any given time.  I'm interested in learning an
> environment that is larger and more varied than the one I'm in now,
> since I pretty much just maintain 6 copies of a single server and a
> few other systems as required. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a 95%
> Windows shop, so the likelihood of converting or expanding my realm
> is minimal.  I expect I'll be available at least 5-10 hours a week on
> US Central (UTC -06:00) time.

Welcome!

If you have not already, please do take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
It has some good pointers for getting started.

Do introduce yourself in IRC and/or at our next meeting.

Are you more interested in sysadmin stuff, or application development?

If you haven't already looked at the rest of the project groups, do
take a look at:

http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora