fedorahosted.org: Call for RHEL6 testing

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Nov 19 00:35:01 UTC 2011

Greetings.

As we recently announced, we are working on migrating fedorahosted.org
over to a newer instance or instances. We announced and held a activity
day:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2011-November/000857.html

Which resulted in the following plans:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2011-November/011140.html

Per those plans, we have setup a RHEL6 test instance of
fedorahosted.org and would like to ask people to test against it for
issues or problems.

How to test:

edit your local /etc/hosts file and add:

66.135.62.191   fedorahosted.org git.fedorahosted.org
svn.fedorahosted.org hg.fedorahosted.org

Then your requests will go against the new instance.
Simply use trac, your scm and anything else as normal and note any
issues or problems. The only thing that is disabled on this test
instance is email. Please note any changes you make will be LOST. This
instance is just for testing and will be resynced to real content from
time to time.

If you could collect results and mail them to this list
(infrastructure) that would be best for now.

Please do remember to remove the /etc/hosts entry when you are going to

If we don't see any nasty issues by monday, I will announce more widely
for more testing. Then, hopefully by next wed we can decide if moving
to rhel6 is going to be easy/feasable in the time we have.

Thanks in advance for any testing.