fedorahosted.org: Call for RHEL6 testing

Bassford John jbass29503 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 03:12:37 UTC 2011

Hello fedora-admins and fi-apprentices

I have been lurking in #Fedora-admin and such waiting for a chance to lend
a hand, so I though I would do some basic QA of this new environment, below
is what I have found so far.

TRAC
1. if a "environment(project)" does not have a defined logo, the
default(global) one is not displayed like the current live trac instance
does
missing logo "Fedora, HOSTED, Start a Project; watch it grow"
https://fedorahosted.org/web/static/images/fedora-hosted-banner.png
examples
https://fedorahosted.org/amber  (live env)
https://fedorahosted.org/amber (test env)

2. there are several projects that have a mailing list defined on their
trac::wiki page, that no longer work, am not sure if this an actual issue,
since the previous email stated "email would not work on this new test
environment" or if the email lists were not migrated (am guessing at that
last statement),  the links work on the live environment, I assumed you
would be able to see the email list for that project but only up to the
time of the data sync, and excluding any new emails received after the data
sync..... ( I did not check every project for a mailing list url)

https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/<project>
PROJECTS: amber
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/<project>
PROJECTS: arbt

3. the "default  documentation for trac" is still version 10.4, hm, or
specifically the environments(projects) that have not yet created a wiki
start page say "Welcome to TRAC <version number>" where version
is dependent on what version of trac was installed in fedorahosted.org
when the project was created/added, which seems reasonable as the
upgrade
process should not change the wiki page for an environment(project).

projects where it seems no wiki page was created.

10.4 trac default documentation example (test env) go to
https://fedorahosted.org/baraha-maps/wiki     ( Welcome to TRAC 10.4)
10.5 trac default documentation example (test env) go to
https://fedorahosted.org/MAKEDEV/              (Welcome to TRAC 10.5)

perphaps we could update the wiki start pages in those projects so the
version is correct.
Could some one confirm we did the following, just to make sure
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracUpgrade#UpdatetheTracDocumentation

4. the muffin project seems to have issues..  "the action that trigger the
error: GET: /wiki"

Well I think thats enough for now.. I`ll move on to git next...

I hope it helps make the new fedorahosted work as designed
thanks
John L Bassford
irc: jbass29503