2factor auth

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 12:19:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 00:27 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 22:50 +0100, Tristan Santore wrote:
> > On 17/10/11 22:11, seth vidal wrote:
> > > The biggest problems with the yubikeys is:

It might be of interest to this mailing list to be made aware of some
work being done jointly between the SSSD, FreeIPA, MIT Kerberos and
Yubico development teams.

The plan is for SSSD and FreeIPA to support (via extensions made to MIT
Kerberos) Yubikey as a mechanism for acquiring a Kerberos TGT from
FreeIPA. We have a proof-of-concept already available (demonstrated at
this past Red Hat Summit) and work is ongoing on this.

It might be worth revisiting the discussion about a potential FAS3 built
atop the upcoming FreeIPA v3 (which will have this support).