Packages installed on app servers but not in puppet

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 03:39:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 08:03:50PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> So when I reinstalled app04 I found that its packages differed from
> all the app servers by quite a bit. I hand installed the django
> packages but then saw that not all the same packages are on the app
> servers..

Actually, I would go with what's in puppet unless something doesn't work
(and then add the extra package to puppet as well).

I suspect that many of these packages ended up on an app server as a dep of
one or another service that we no longer have there.  For instance,
transifex dragged in Django and all the scms.

Regarding the gnome stuff -- I believe that skvidal tracked that down at one
point -- not sure if we were able to get rid of those or if some package
that we really did need required them.

-Toshio