Production instance of Ask Fedora

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Sep 22 21:44:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:19:12 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to do the soft launch of Ask Fedora before the end of
> this month and announce it widely in sync with Fedora 16 release.  I

Sounds good.

> will coordinate with Fedora marketing for this.  The reason for doing
> a soft launch earlier is to be able to seed the forum with some good
> questions and answers and fix any last minute issues that might show
> up in a bit more larger use.    upfiles alias in the httpd
> configuration for Askbot has been added via puppet for now.   If the
> patch for fixing the duplicate subject in the email alerts is
> included as a hotfix,  we can enable that.  Currently I have disabled
> subject in the staging instance.  The patch is here
>
> https://github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel/commit/dca33d4bdb002a1c882ba0b1f79523655f947fe9

Well, we could, but how important is it really?
I'd be ok just waiting for the fix. ;)

> Upstream is hoping to do a new release soon and these fixes will be
> rolled into the update then.  I would like to try out varnish but that
> can wait for a while.  I am still waiting on a logo from the Fedora
> design team but meanwhile have disabled the default logo in the
> settings as well.  We have modified the CSS only lightly because
> upstream has contracted a professional designer to do a new theme and
> the format is expected to change quite a bit.  Once that is done in
> say 2 to 3 weeks, I intend to get a Fedora theme done as well shortly
> after.   Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds good. I will try and get a ask instance setup in the next week
or so that we can use for production. Hopefully at that time the next
upstream release will happen and we can use that in production...