Zarafa

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Sep 26 14:52:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 21:18:37 +0100
Tristan Santore <tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net> wrote:

...snip...

> And Kevin's explanation is an adequate one, it does not fit our needs.
> The problem is, maybe there should be something else, before something
> else is trashed. Further, this was never really publicised, it was in
> "testing", which explains why Mike is the only user, which I find a
> bit annoying, mainly because we have been at this for a while now.

Well, we shouldn't IMHO push out a solution that does not meet our
needs and will be a burden to maintain just to have something in
place. ;)

It was never publicized because it was simply in testing and we never
decided to fully deploy and announce it.

...snip...

> Anyway, so what else are we going to deploy, I have been waiting more
> than 2 year for some fancy ical stuff for our meetings, and
> appointments, etc., making us all more effective at what we are trying
> to do.

Well, the current front runner is the insight folks... but if you have
a magic bullet solution, please do feel free to bring it up. ;)

> Maybe we need something completely foss, not only for us, but for Red
> Hat internally, maybe some other distributions and foss projects, too.
> Possibly we should suggest something to other groups, and see if
> people from multiple groups could be pooled together to start
> something.

I think the insight work is the best chance currently to provide a
calendar solution that might meet our needs and be something we can
grow.