I'm going to have to step back for a while

Daniel J. Ashcom dashcom at alumni.iu.edu
Wed Apr 18 14:12:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

      Unfortunately, my new job requires a lot of hours and I don't have
the option of working on Fedora project work at my job.  I'd really like
to keep learning as best I can and contributing so I don't want to just
leave and give up on volunteering.  At the same time I need more
direction, but I can't make the Thursday meetings.

      Can anyone suggest from experience how I might stay involved given
my circumstances?  I've been working on a ticket but my lack of Python
experience means I could use some help closing that ticket.  I ask
because people seem to work/discuss the projects on the irc channel
various times of the day and I'd really like to keep learning and put to
use what I know already in terms of sys admin.

Please get back with me, if anyone is so inclined, to help me find an
approach to be more productive and stay involved.  This is important to
me and if I can make it work, I'd really like to do so.  Guidance is
much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Danny Ashcom