Warning for development and staging instances of different services

Patrick Uiterwijk puiterwijk at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 10:17:16 UTC 2012

As of recent, I am busy with a new feature for services, to add a
warning message if the server is a development or staging deployment.
This will mean different things for different services:
FAS: Account System will have a different color of the top bar, and
show a big header "STAGING INSTANCE" or "DEVELOPMENT INSTANCE". This
is live on development, but not yet on staging instances.
pkgdb: Package Database will show a big header "STAGING INSTANCE" or
"DEVELOPMENT INSTANCE". This is already live on both development and
staging instances.

This feature will be extended to other services, so do not be
surprised when you see these messages on other services as well, as I
will continue to work with service maintainers to add it to all
services.
If, however, you see this warning on a production instance, please do
not hesitate to warn me or any of the service developers about this.