Any python Guru?

Emiliano Dalla Verde Marcozzi edvm at member.fsf.org
Tue Aug 14 12:31:35 UTC 2012

2012/8/14 Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>:
> https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/ticket/8457
> crashes out.
> " Trac detected an internal error:
>
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xa8' in position
> 9: ordinal not in range(128)
>

> Can this ticket be deleted without me (non-python guru)
> making a dogs liathróidí of it?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Frank
> "Jack of all, fubars"

Hello Frank,
Well, i dont think i am a python guru, but that error means that
a 'raw string' arrives and is not handled correctly, as utf-8, for example,
let "var" have 'raw' binary 'string' data:

var.encode('utf-8')  # this should work

Since you are saying that you want to work with the content from var
encoded as utf-8. The default encoder is ascii and since that 'raw string'
isnt in the ascii table, the code raise an UnicodeEncodeError.

I tryed to login into track with my fas account, but i couldnt ... maybe
a permission access issue :-), hope this helps,

--
“Si la primavera no llega, invéntala” - Odysseas Elytis
日本語勉強する