Freeze break for post-update hook on pkgs01?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 14:45:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 07:32:39AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 09:54:46AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> >   1) Run "git check-perms /srv/git/rpms --check=post-update --fix" on pkgs01
> >      again to fix the handful of repos that are out of sync.
> >
> Does this cause any end-user visible load on the server?

It takes a significant amount of time to run (a few hours).  But it
does not appear to impact user performance:

 1) We received no complaints last time we ran it....
 2) I just tested cloning a package 3 times from pkgs.stg with and
    without "git check-perms" running on the server.  The times taken
    to complete the operations were indistinguishable.