paste to production?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:03:06 UTC 2012

On 5 December 2012 08:09, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:23:09PM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
>>
>> One thought here might be to implement a link shortener. Something
>> like fed.io or fedora.io might be cool. I did also think about fpas.te
>> which would work well. However, the thought here is these would be
>> good only if having something that doesn't end in fedoraproject.org is
>> possible.
>>
>> What is the policy, if any around the domain names we hold? I know the
>> *.fedoracommunity.org stuff is in place, so it seems viable. Any
>> thoughts on this?
>>
> No current policy that I know of.

The policy is that Red Hat "buys" the domain name from the registrar
as it is the trademark owner and protector of various "Fedora" things.
It is done via an internal process that makes sure it is with the same
vendor so that we don't end up with huge transfer costs down the road
as has happened when things were done willy nilly (or someone
forgetting to renew a domain and it getting snatched and ransomed).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."