paste to production?

Keith Sudbury keithsudbury at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:50:31 UTC 2012

Hey Guys,

It makes no sense to have a .io domain for that?? fed.io = Fedora Input /
Output, my thought is a .io domain used for this would look unprofessional.

I would go fpaste.org or paste.fedoraproject.org most projects just do
paste. the domain being long is an issue for the whole site not just the
paste app.

It's a shame we don't have fedora.org

Cheers,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:23:09PM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> >> One thought here might be to implement a link shortener. Something
> >> like fed.io or fedora.io might be cool. I did also think about fpas.te
> >> which would work well. However, the thought here is these would be
> >> good only if having something that doesn't end in fedoraproject.org is
> >> possible.
> >
> > I think a link shortener would be great for general use.  If we could
> > grab http://fed.io, then the "fpaste" cli tool could automatically
> > pass your paste.fedoraproject.org url through the shortener on each
> > run.
>
> I love it, exactly where I was thinking of going. I also think it'd be
> great to have a checkbox on the fpaste.fp.o site to make it a
> shorturl.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint

Kind Regards,