glusterfs

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Feb 2 20:52:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 18:04:56 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 February 2012 12:32, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >

> > - Web/static content? Right now we rsync that to all the proxies
> > every hour. If we had a gluster volume for it, we could just build
> > and rsync to the gluster instance. Or if the build doesn't do
> > anything wacky, just build on there.
>
> I think of the items this sounds the best. One of the issues we have
> to make sure of is how gluster deals with lossy networks. Most of the
> wlan filesystems assume that the networks will be rather stable and
> fast which we do not have complete say over.

Right. Will do some testing on slow links. Nothing is going to be 100%
wonderfull on a slow link tho. ;)

> The second item is how
> does selinux and other items work on top of gluster?

No selinux. Everything has a fuse label.

> I think we need to set up a test environment at say osuosl,
> serverbeach, telia and bodhost and see how it handles traffic over
> various items. I am not sure we are going to get it outside/inside of
> RH with the current firewalls and needs.

it should pass over the vpn just fine. (at least for mounts).

I'll see about setting up a test at some remote places and see how it
does. Perhaps I will use serverbeach06 for one end and make a new
test/dev instance somewhere in phx2 for the other (although it will
need a vpn).