Kevin Fenzi kevin at
Fri Feb 3 23:19:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:58:30 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting at> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi (kevin at said:
> > - Internally to RH resolves to internal
> > IP's for the download servers. This may result
> > in RH folks getting a faster/different network path than if they
> > used
> However, internal people using MM get sent to local mirrors which
> should be even faster, so if that breaks, it's not a huge deal.

Yeah, this would be those people that use
for whatever reason. ;)

I guess my thought right now is:

- Ask that it be removed from external dns. People should learn to use (or the mm one).

- Internally to Red Hat, I don't care if it continues to exist in it's
  current form (pointing to internal addresses for

I'll file a ticket asking for this soon unless someone shouts. ;)