download.fedora.redhat.com

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 3 23:19:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:58:30 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi (kevin at scrye.com) said:
> > - Internally to RH download.fedora.redhat.com resolves to internal
> > IP's for the dl.fedoraproject.org download servers. This may result
> > in RH folks getting a faster/different network path than if they
> > used dl.fedoraproject.org.
>
> However, internal people using MM get sent to local mirrors which
> should be even faster, so if that breaks, it's not a huge deal.

Yeah, this would be those people that use download.fedora.redhat.com
for whatever reason. ;)

I guess my thought right now is:

- Ask that it be removed from external dns. People should learn to use
  dl.fedoraproject.org (or the download.fedoraproject.org mm one).

- Internally to Red Hat, I don't care if it continues to exist in it's
  current form (pointing to internal addresses for
  dl.fedoraproject.org).

I'll file a ticket asking for this soon unless someone shouts. ;)

kevin