kill prelink

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Feb 6 17:23:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:59:53 -0500
Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is this a general issue that should be pushed up the stack?

Well, I think it was more of:

* prelink doesn't really buy us much on servers, which is all we run.
  Startup costs are not at all where we care.

* When a new package is installed/updated on a server, prelink runs
  cause rkhunter to squak until someone manually updates them to say
  that that was ok.

* I'm not sure prelink really buys us much in Fedora anymore either,
  but thats another discussion. :)