Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Fraser Gutteridge

Fraser Gutteridge blue at UDel.Edu
Tue Feb 14 02:53:27 UTC 2012

Greetings to the Fedora Infrastructure team,

 	Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for maintaining
such a nice distro of Linux for so long. We've been using Fedora as the
standard distro on many of our desktop machines at the University of
Delaware since approximately mid-2005 (Fedora Core 4!).

 	I'm interested in becoming involved with the
development/maintenance of the Fedora Project. I've been working with
Linux and Unix-like environments for approximately twelve years, mostly
Fedora, CentOS, RedHat Enterprise and Solaris. Although I have a lot of
knowledge in terms of system and network administration, I've always
wanted to learn more about the Linux kernel and how device drivers etc.
are written.

 	I currently work on a thirteen-man team for the University of
Delaware, assisting them in maintaining a large number of Unix and Linux
servers as well as a large switch and router infrastructure. My primary
task of late has been managing a VMware cluster consisting of twelve
physical nodes and approximately seventy virtual machines. I am
well-versed in the following programming and scripting languages: C, C++,
Perl, Python, Java, Lisp, PHP and some experience with x86 assembly. I
have a good understanding of the following software: Apache httpd, Apache
Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, OpenLDAP, OpenSSL, Shibboleth
IdP and SP. My operating system experience ranges from various distros of
Linux to Solaris, VMware ESX, Macintosh OS X and most flavors of Windows.

 	I would be interested in working on any GUI requirements you may
have (I have used GTK+ 2 and 3 for many years), as well as assisting with
any networking, security or system administration tasks that are pending.
If I can learn some of the ins and outs of the Linux kernel while doing
this, so much the better. :)

 	If anybody has any questions, I can be found on IRC as 'udelblue'.
I look forward to contributing if you need the help.

Thanks!
Fraser

Fraser Gutteridge    blue at udel.edu    (302) 831-7281

University of Delaware IT/NSS Systems Programmer III

Office 212P, 192 S. Chapel Street, Newark, DE 19716