Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction of Christos Triantafyllidis

Christos Triantafyllidis christos.triantafyllidis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:45:42 UTC 2012

Hi infrastructure people,
   i'd like to introduce myself to the group. I'm Christos Triantafyllidis and my irc handle is "ctria". I'm experienced linux admin with expertise in grid middleware and security. I also write code in ruby, perl and bash.

   As part of my work i'm administrating 2 grid clusters with total of ~ 200 nodes, multiple services including some fedora supported (i.e. a local koji infrastructure). Although the majority of our services is not in Fedora but in Scientific Linux, i'm very glad of the fedora project existence and especially about the EPEL repo existence which many times have saved my day.

   Why contributing? basically because of the fun of it. But i'd also like to learn some stuff from this co-operation. I'd like to see how other infrastructure teams are organized (especially teams like this with mixed experience levels and totally distributed). I'd also like to see your practices on deploying new services.

   I haven't looked yet at the list of topics open for contribution, but i'll definitely do it soon.

   So this is my "hello world" message,

Christos

PS: My really rarely updated blog where you can find more about me is http://ctria.blogspot.com