Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matthew Cupps

Matthew Cupps mc at matthewcupps.com
Sat Jan 7 23:45:07 UTC 2012

Greetings everyone,

My name is Matthew (cuppsy on IRC), and I recently joined this mailing list
in hopes of eventually being able to help volunteer in the Infrastructure
group with Fedora. I have been a desktop user of Linux for almost a decade,
and for the past three years have ran Arch Linux (and now Fedora 16) using
dwm and a mostly CLI-based system. I thoroughly enjoy studying Linux and
have recently launched a CentOS home web server to continue learning. In
March, I am taking the RHCSA exam, with hopes of taking the RHCE exam
afterwards.

I am currently a web developer, and based in Miami, Florida. In addition to
development, I also help manage our servers, and recently have taken that
from a passing interest to something I'd like to eventually do full-time. A
chance to work with the Fedora Project, even for a few hours a week, seems
like an excellent way to get some experience under my belt and a great
opportunity to work with others more knowledgeable than myself.

Anyway, that's my little "Hello World!" I hope I can learn from this
experience and hopefully in the future be able to partake in helping with
the Fedora Project. Cheers.

Matthew

PS - Being a developer, I saw the possibility of being able to donate some
of my time to the Fedora website as well. I was wondering (maybe this isn't
the place to ask) if it's possible to get involved with two groups, or if
that's something I should hold off on until I've become more
well-established within just one group?