Tagger & Packages interdependencies

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 19:57:03 UTC 2012

During the meeting today, Seth asked me to write up details on the
interdependencies of the services that we're currently running on
community01.dev.

    Indexer Cron Job
        - Runs nightly, hits Koji, downloads RPMs using yum from the master
          mirror.
        - Creates a xapian database, and swaps out the old with the new

    Git repo updater cron job
        - Queries koji for a list of builds since $LAST_RUN
        - Does a git pull of all updated package repos

    Fedora Packages (https://community.dev.fedoraproject.org/packages)
        - Queries the local xapain db for search queries and package info
        - Queries bodhi, koji, pkgdb, bugzilla, via python-{fedora,bugzilla}
        - Uses fedpkg to clones git repos

    Fedora Tagger (https://community.dev.fedoraproject.org/tagger)
        - Queries the local xapain db for package info
        - Uses postgres on db02.stg currently.

So as far as production deployment goes, we could potentially have a
separate box just for our indexer & git repos cron jobs, then we could
rsync them over to our multiple app frontends. What do you guys think?

luke