download.fedora.redhat.com

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Tue Jan 31 17:51:10 UTC 2012

Fedora 9 was the last release that reference d.f.r.c in its yum repo files (commented out mind you; default was using mirrorlists).  Do we get many requests for F9 yet?

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist
Dell | Office of the CTO

-----Original Message-----
From: infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Fenzi
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:23 AM
To: infrastructure at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: download.fedora.redhat.com

So, does anyone see any problems or objections to just removing download.fedora.redhat.com from dns?

It's been replaced with dl.fedoraproject.org for a long time.
It causes ssl cert issues (see
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3118 ) There were some references to it on the wiki, but I cleaned those up.

Can anyone think of anything that would break if we just remove this and announce to the mirror list it's gone?