cgit testing

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:16:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 05:09:15PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> It could be tweaked more for sure, but it seems to work and is
> reasonably zippy.

Sounds like a winner then ;-)

> Can anyone think of any reason not to just enable this on
> hosted03/pkgs01? It can live alongside gitweb-caching and we can look
> at redirects to take over when we want to retire gitweb-caching.

Do we end up chewing "twice" the resources that way?  If gitweb-caching is
already causing us load issues sometimes... seems like we're just adding
more buren to the machines.

OTOH, if it lets us get gitweb-caching off sooner to have cgit stood up on
the hosts ASAP, then +1 :-)

> Some things to look at before announcing/making live/retiring
> gitweb-caching:
>
> - Do we want to ask the design/websites folks for a custom css thats
>   more "fedora-ey" ?
>
> - How much do we want to try and set redirects to replace
>   gitweb-caching?

I wouldn't block on either of these.  I think that the css could be done
after the fact.  redirects I think we've determined are nice to have but
if links in mailing list archives break, we're prepared to accept that.

-Toshio