Dynamic Nagios Configuration

Christos Triantafyllidis christos.triantafyllidis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:15:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

    long ago i volunteered myself to start the work on a tool that will create dynamic Nagios configuration based on external information (i.e. infra-hosts).

    You can find my work on this at:
git://fedorapeople.org/~ctria/DynamicNagiosConfig.git

     The idea is that there is a main configuration file:
DNC.yml
which specifies which modules to use to create the configuration. Given that the only information i could get from infra-hosts was the host's information itself this only does host configs but can be easily extended to support services, contacts etc.

The execution is simple, checkout the infra hosts repository in sample_configs/infra-hosts folder and execute:
./DNC.py

You should get all hosts at standard output.

Finally a simple YAML based file module allows overrides to be specified.

I'm willing to move this forward so i'd definitely like to hear your comments

Regards,
Christos

PS: This is my first python script from scratch so don't be very hard on me :)